- Glass Jars $2 each = $4 (I got mine at Dollar General; I also used two candle jars with the labels and wax removed for $0)
- Glass Candlesticks $1 each = $6 (short ones are from Dollar General and tall ones are from Dollar Tree)
- E6000 adhesive (or similar) = $2.50
TOTAL PROJECT = $12.50
2) Rub a cotton ball soaked with alcohol over the areas on the glass that will be bonded to remove fingerprints, oil, dirt, etc.
3) Follow instructions on adhesive and glue pieces together (E6000 recommends applying adhesive to BOTH items and letting sit for 2 minutes prior to bonding).
- Go a little heavy while applying the adhesive to ensure a solid bond but not too much where it drips over the edge.
- If gluing multiple pieces (i.e. two candlesticks together and a jar) only glue two pieces at a time, waiting for bond to FULLY cure before adding additional pieces. I let mine sit 24 hours until I added additional pieces.
- Be sure to watch the newly attached pieces until the adhesive sets up a bit (20/30 minutes) to ensure items have not 'slipped' and are not crooked.
- I turned the jars upside down initially and glued the candle sticks to the bottom of the jar and did not flip until later when the bond was semi set (few hours). I flipped the candle sticks a couple times the first hour to evenly distribute any excess bonding agent inside the candle sticks and to thoroughly coat the inside for a better bond.